An invoice, sometimes called a sales invoice, is a document sent by Fortix system to the purchaser. The invoice establishes an obligation on the part of the purchaser to pay, creating an account receivable. In other words, the invoice is a written verification of the agreement between the buyer and Fortix for the goods or services provided.
This article explains how to create an Invoice in Fortix.
The quick address is: /?purchases
Navigate to the Invoices list view. Click Add New on the right-hand side of the INVOICES page, which is found in the FINANCE or ACCOUNTS heading.
The Create Invoice/Credit Note form is enabled.
- Click the radio button next to the Invoice.
- The Billing Profile field is an optional field that is used to create automated Invoices that are generated in a set period (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly or Annually)
- Look-up the Customer Name by typing two letters minimum in the Customer field. Click on the Customer Name for which the Invoice is generated.
- Click the down arrow to see a list of Jobs/ Projects for which this Invoice can be created. Projects / Jobs is an optional field.
- Click the down arrow to see a list of Billing Entity‘s that can be selected for this Invoice.
Click the down arrow to see a list of Payment Terms which can be selected to appear on the Invoice.
Click the down arrow to see a list of Default Tax Rate‘s which should appear on the Invoice.
Click the Radio Button next to Tax Exclusive or Tax Inclusive.
Click SAVE. Refer How to Edit an Invoice to alter amounts and products on the Invoice.
The Invoice has been added to the system.