To import a New Lead/Opportunity Excel spreadsheet of data into Fortix we will be using the Marketing Input form. The Marketing Input form or HTML form on a web page allows a user to enter data that is sent to Fortix system for processing. Forms can fill out the forms using checkboxes, radio buttons, or text fields. For example, forms can be used to enter shipping or credit card data to order a product or can be used to enter a competition.
This article explains how to Set the Import Parameters for New Lead/Opportunity using a basic input form in Fortix.
The marketing forms are used for almost anything in Fortix and are much more than “marketing forms”. They can send emails, run processes, create customers, contacts, users, tags to customers, process payments, create teams, team members, check prerequisites for the members, create memberships, process campaign tags, create opportunities and opportunities for team members, create a purchase, invoice, billing profiles, payment plans, launch after payment processes…
Click Marketing Campaigns in the heading bar. The Marketing page opens with a list of CAMPAIGNS. Click Add New menu option.
The address bar link is : /?campaigns
Add the Name of the Campaign and the number. Complete the options for the Form:
- Active – Click Yes to enable this form to be used for Importing the New Leads
- Create Opportunity – Click Yes to enable this form to be used for Importing the New Leads
- Available on Dashboard – If Yes then the Form will be active in the Fortix Dashboard. If No then a web link will be available to direct users to the form. Set to No for Importing the New Leads
- Show Payment Gateway Logo -Set to No for Importing the New Leads
- Discount Vouchers – Set to No for Importing the New Leads
- Payment Required – Set to No for Importing the New Leads
- Opportunity Source – Select the source to add to New imported Lead/Opportunity contact entered into the Form.
- Start Date – Enter the date this Campaign starts.
- End Date – Enter the date the campaign ends.
- Description – Complete the description field describing details about this import.
- Choose the Process that needs to run after the fields has been submitted by the user. Click the down arrow and find the “New Lead Opportunity Import” process created in Process Builder. This automatically set the Opportunity Status to “New” and the Owner of the opportunity to “Admin“
Set up the fields for Importing the New Leads. Ensure that in the excel spreadsheet Compulsory fields must have a value, Hidden will not appear and Optional show fields will be optional.
Choose the input fields that need to be displayed and that needs to be recorded in the system. Choose between Compulsory, Hidden or Optional.
If Company field is not filled in when the form is submitted, it will stay empty. The First Name Last Name will not be used to populate the Company field after the form submission.
A CAPTCHA (an acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human. This should be “No“
If the State is used as an input field, then Country must be a selection field as well. The number of Countries to be selected can be downscaled by the Countries drop-down selection field further on in the form.
Return URL is the place where the user will be redirected after a successful subscription. Specify the URL with a “\”
Click SAVE to continue.
Example of Input Form
To view the form created click the Link next to Link to Form.
When the Link i clicked – the form is displayed and the input field can be verified.
Click Marketing Campaigns and find the Marketing Campaign Name to Export the XLS template. Click the Down Arrow in the Action tab.
The Export is executed immediately. The Export can be accessed through Microsoft Excell and will be found in the designated Downloads folder.
Compare the exported file fields with the New Lead/Opportunity spreadsheet. Ensure that all the data fields corresponds for the import.
The Fortix import template requires a Country Field. Populate the empty column with “Australia”
Click Marketing Campaigns and find the Marketing Campaign Name for Data Import. Click the Down Arrow in the Action tab and select Import XLS.
Click SELECT FILE to indicate which XLS file has to be imported.
Maximum of 1000 records per file is supported.
Processing may take several minutes. Please wait until the import is completed.
The form verification process will display any data issue with regards to the import file. Check the errors and correct the data in the spreadsheet before attempting to import again.
When the data has been imported successfully, the number of records processed will be displayed.
The Campaign list will also indicate the number of records imported.
In the Opportunity list view, all the new Lead/Opportunities has the Status of “New” and the Source is “List Import”.