In life and business, if nothing’s happening the way you want it to, perhaps the thing that needs to change is you!
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motors.
This is still applicable today, even if we are in the age of Millenialpreneurs.
The Industrial Revolution, the 9-to-5 working mentality is being put to the question, with a strong shift toward job satisfaction and greater purpose within the young professional community (Gen Y and millennials). Most office jobs out there can’t provide the flexibility that millennials are looking for, leaving those new to the job market to make a difficult choice between a paycheck and fulfilment.
Millennials are motivated by:
- Doing something that’s meaningful to them
- Having a positive and lasting impact on the world around them.
- Holistic success – improving in every area of life (fitness, relationships, and personal growth, rather than just career or finances)
As we can see, it’s quite a different world to Henry Ford’s time – yet the message that he promoted all those years ago remains as relevant today as it was back then.
So why are the next generation, looking to change from their parents, leaning more towards entrepreneurship and small business development?
Let’s break it down:
- Startup costs are at an all-time low (website, email, social media accounts, and branding can all be done for free) See Productivity Commission 2014, Relative Costs of Doing Business in Australia: Retail Trade, Research Report, Canberra
- Online resources are abundant (Freelancer, Google, social media, Airtasker, and crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo)
- Productivity apps are easily accessible (Zapier, Trello, Slack, Listium, etc).
- Access to a global audience is as easy as posting social media content
Also, especially in Australia, there is a shortage of top-quality start-up companies, meaning that venture capital is looking for somewhere to park its money. Believe it or not, we are in a seller’s market when it comes to ideas – high-talent people with high-quality ideas are demanding, and are deserving of, premiums.
However, for a business and a team to become ‘high-quality’, a lot needs to occur. The team typically needs to grow and develop over time whilst dealing with the early struggles that all startups face – iterating on business models, burning through cash, and working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week leaves very little time to build the systems necessary to prove to an investor that the business is validated, systemised and scalable.
Even if you have had your own business for some time, it might not have scaled and progressed like you dreamed of.
This is where Fortix comes in.
Fortix Systems are able to help you document and systemize the foundations of your business so it does not get swept away by a disaster. At Fortix, we have engineered the best business software that empowers successful enterprises. Our cutting-edge, cloud-based software automates business processes, which saves time and drives profits for our clients. Fortix also allows the business to be less reliant on key personnel – and thus far more attractive to investors.
We are the heart of growing businesses, and our clients are the lifeblood of our company. Let’s work together to enable your business to thrive with health and vitality like never before.